Hate Mondays? Cheat on it with these totally plant-based chocolate-on-chocolate brownie treats!
Take a bite.
You know you want to!
Better yet just make them. Peep the recipe for this scrumptious treat below. : )
Love this recipe? Share it on your social accounts with #quirkycrumble.
Oh My Monday! Chewy Chocolate Brownies
TIME: 45 min. cook time; 5 min. prep time
YIELD: 12 brownies
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
1 bar (5.5 oz) of bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup granulated or powdered sugar
1 cup flour
2 eggs (or vegan egg substitute such as a flax egg*)
1/2 orange, zested and juiced
1/4 tsp salt
2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line square or rectangular baking pan with parchment paper (make sure it comes up the sides), set aside.
2. In a large glass mixing bowl, add the sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
3. In a saucepan, add coconut oil and bittersweet chocolate. Melt over medium-low hear stirring consistently. Add to mixture above.
4. Zest and juice half of one orange into the brownie batter. Stir to combine.
5. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 40 min. at 350F or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. Cool before serving and frosting.
Avocado Chocolate Frosting
TIME: 5 min.
YIELD: 1 cup
1/2 avocado, depitted
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 orange, juiced and zested
1. Add all ingredients into mini food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Spread onto your favorite desserts such as brownies, cookies, pancakes, etc!